Thursday, January 24, 2013

Movie: The Perks of Being A Wallflower (2012)


I FINALLY watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower yesterday!!!! The trailer seemed SO promising and it's that kind of movie that I know I would love. Everyone loves this movie and the book, and they keep posting quotes and screencaps and their hands holding the book, etc. I hate when that happens! Because I haven't watch it (while I really wanna watch it).....it's like everyone is teasing me -_- so naturally I have the urge to watch it right away.

I love this photo so much <3 p="">
And it was so good. I cried and almost cried a couple times. I don't understand some parts of the story, tapi secara keseluruhan cerita jelas sih. It is not an ordinary teenage movies. It brings back memories of high school, especially for those who grow up in the 90's. Tapi menurutku film ini relatable buat semua orang. Memang gak semua momen di film ini pernah kita alami waktu SMA, but we can still feel it. The vibe, the "youth" feel that you might not be able to feel again.


The director of this movie is Stephen Chbosky himself, the writer of the novel. And this is the first movie he directed! Wow, right? The three main casts, Logan Lerman, Emma Watson, and Ezra Miller did an amazing job. They're so convincing. Logan made me cried. I don't see any Hermione Granger in this movie (Emma also speaks in american accent perfectly here!). And I want to have a gay best friend like Patrick (Ezra's role in this movie).


Another movie I remember Ezra played is We Need to Talk About Kevin, he played a psycho teenager or something there. Never say never, but seriously, I would never watch that kind of film ever, but I read some reviews about that film, and they said Ezra was scary there. Okay,they didn't say that, but I conclude he was scary there. Really different from his character here. My point is, he's a good actor, right?! :D


I like this movie, but it would be even better if I already read the book. The quotes are scattered around the internet, everyone keeps posting them, as I said before. But I love them all, though. I'll read the book right after I finish my current reading (Aku, Kau, dan Sepucuk Angpau Merah - Tere Liye)! Ughhh why am I so slow in reading lately (for the past few years actually).

P.S. After watching this, I feel like making a mix tape (or mix CD?? well whatever they called) for someone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...